How We Help
The Foundation’s guiding vision is “helping families, making a difference.” We raise funds for investment (hence the establishment of the Foundation as an incorporated body) and use the income from those investments to assist breast cancer sufferers and their families.
In 2009, twelve months ahead of our business plan, the Foundation started providing practical, emotional and financial support to Sunshine Coast women going through breast cancer. To date the Foundation have supported over 75 women and their families.
Criteria for assistance
- Any diagnosis of breast cancer from July 2011
- Financial disadvantage due to breast cancer diagnosis
Assistance to breast cancer patients
- Assistance to breast cancer patients includes practical, emotional or financial support to the value of $500.
- Practical support includes meals, cleaning, washing, ironing, gardening, grocery or fuel cards.
- Emotional support includes special treats like massages, facials, pedicures and manicures.
- Financial support includes assistance with payment of household bills (electricity, phone, rent, car insurance) or breast-cancer related expenses (surgery, treatment, pharmacy bills, wig or breast prostheses)
The Foundation will pay all providers directly.
To request an Application for Assistance please email the Foundation here
Applications from a family member, friend or a medical professional will also be accepted on behalf of the breast cancer sufferer. Please be specific about what type of assistance is needed most. All requests for financial assistance must have the support of a health professional currently involved in the patient's care.
You will receive a phone call or email to confirm receipt of the application and to obtain a short case history interview.
Once all necessary information has been received, the Distribution Committee will review your request. All applicants will be notified of the committee decision via phone or mail immediately following a decision.
Typically, the entire process takes an estimated two-three weeks, however, all necessary information must be submitted before any request will be considered. The actual length of the process depends on how quickly the necessary information is received. All inquiries, applications and client files remain confidential.