Our immediate mission is to ensure that no Sunshine Coast breast cancer sufferer or family of a Sunshine Coast breast cancer sufferer lacks appropriate practical, emotional or financial support and advice. Funds raised on the Sunshine Coast for breast cancer will be used primarily on the Coast.
Our vision is that in future years no breast cancer patient or their family will need to suffer due to lack of finance for general family expenses or, in the longer term, appropriate medical treatment.
To maintain the memory of Cindy Mackenzie, and establish the Foundation as a dynamic local charitable organisation with a sound financial footing that will prepare for long-term service to the Sunshine Coast community
Specifically we aim to:
- Encourage the Sunshine Coast business community to support the Foundation’s activities
- Use the skills and knowledge of the Foundation’s experienced Management Committee to further
the aims and objectives of the Foundation’s sponsors and business partners
- Raise funds through direct donations and fundraising events
- Promote the prevention and control of breast cancer and more particularly
- To provide broad-based education to individuals suffering from breast cancer
- To engage in activities which raise community awareness of breast cancer and the Foundation
- Ensure the appropriate investment and protection of funds raised pending their distribution to
sufferers and their families
- Arrange distribution of funds to breast cancer sufferers and their families to provide
financial assistance, counselling and other practical support when required
- Make contributions, if and when necessary, for research into how to detect, prevent and treat breast cancer.
The Cindy Mackenzie Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc. is a not-for-profit organisation managed by a hardworking voluntary Management Committee.
Established on January 27, 2007, the Foundation was registered under the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 on March 29, 2007 in the state of Queensland. It was formally launched on April 24, 2007 at Ebb restaurant in Maroochydore.
A Health Promotion Charity, the Foundation was endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) on March 29, 2007 to access GST Concessions, Income Tax and FBT exemptions. On July 1, 2011 the Foundation registered for GST.
It was granted Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status on March 30, 2007 by the ATO, which means all donations over $2 to the Foundation are tax deductible. To confirm the Australian Taxation Office’s approval for tax deductibility (DGR) status, click here
If the Cindy Mackenzie Breast Cancer Foundation means something to you and you would like to be involved in this Sunshine Coast initiative, please phone 1 300 55 77 10 or email us here